Monday, December 6, 2010

Forgotten on a siding


old train car
Originally uploaded by Dornoff Photography

A photographer I know took some pictures of an old rail passenger car a couple of years ago and I have meant to go photograph it for some time. Finally a couple of months ago I decided to go ahead and take some pictures of it.

The car sits along side the main line of the Union Pacific Railroad between Salt Lake City and Provo that was once Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad. The former Union Pacific line between the two cities lies just one block east at this point and is now used by the Utah Transit Authority for their North-South light rail line.

I love doing photos like this in black and white because it adds a certain feeling to the photograph.

I have no idea about the history of this rail car but if anyone who does know something about it is more than welcome to let us know.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: