Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Delta 757 painted for Song Airlines


Last November I flew down to Miami to make a presentation and on the way back I had a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. While I was sitting there waiting for my plane to arrive I decided to get the camera out and start taking pictures.

Song was the short lived "low cost" carrier that Delta created but abandoned when they filed for bankruptcy a couple of years ago. However, there is still many of the planes painted in Song colors running around.

The final plane I took pictures of was this Song Airlines Boeing 757 that happened to be my transportation from Atlanta back to Salt Lake City. The plane arrived on time and we started to board but after we sat down boarded they stopped allowing people on the plane and we would have the most unusual delays I have ever encountered. Apparently a drain got clogged and back up causing the carpet in the front of the plane to get flooded.

It took them about 45 minutes to replace the carpet in the front of the plane. There was several whiners on the plane acting as though it was the end of the world because of this delay. In the end after they finished fixing the carpet they board the plane, we took off and ended up arriving in Salt Lake City only 20-minutes late.

Sometimes you just need to sit back relax and not worry about it.

No comments: