Sunday, March 8, 2009

A photo turns special


In my last entry I mentioned the day my wife and I had in Seattle while visiting a friend between taking different Amtrak trains. After visiting the Pike Place Market my wife and I headed toward Seattle's bus tunnel in order to catch a bus down to the International District in order to find some Chinese Food (we were not impressed with the Chinese Restaurant at Pike Place on a previous visit).

My wife decided to run into a Rite Aid for a couple of things so I decided to get the camera out and take a couple of pictures hoping I the Seattle Police department wouldn't arrest me (there was an incident with a photographer in Seattle shortly before the trip).

I took this picture of a Metro Articulated Hybrid which were still fairly new at the time in front of a Ross Dress for less store which I used as a background because of the design.

Later when looking more carefully the building look as though it could have been a former Woolworth store which was confirmed my someone on Flickr.

My father worked for Woolworth's for many years and would supervise their construction projects across the west. It then hit me that this was the very store that my father was working on when I was born which is another funny story in itself.

I was way over due in the days before they induced labor. My mother had to return to California so at the last minute she hopped a Greyhound bus for Los Angeles (yes Greyhound used to be respectable and safe to ride).

I was born about a week after my mother arrived back in Southern California and for some strange reason the buses arrived early at every driver change point.

You never know when a random picture might turn into something special...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: