Friday, October 2, 2009

Trying a different perspective


Well I went a few days without showing a picture of a train but here is one that I took last Saturday but have been waiting to show.

I took this photo up in Ogden, Utah at Union Station which is home to a railway museum. The museum has several pieces of equipment to the south of the station that I have show photos of in the past.

On Saturday I stopped at Union Station to get some pictures of the station at sunrise and noticed that they had a new locomotive so I went and took a picture.

This is a former Denver, Rio Grande & Western locomotive that is referred to as a tunnel motor. If you look at the back of the locomotive you will notice vents near the bottom of the carbody. Normally a locomotive will have vents near the top of the locomotive but both Rio Grande and Southern Pacific experience overheating problems so the tunnel motor was born to prevent those issues.

In this shot I tried to do something different from the normal wedgie shot so I lowered the legs on my tripod to their lowest setting which gives this different perspective of the locomotive.

No comments: