Sunday, January 25, 2009

Almost a year ago...


February will mark the one year since I attended the first Photowalking Utah event which was held at the Moran Eye Center Research lab at the which is on the University of Utah Complex.

This event event really re-energized my love of photography. While I never stopped taking pictures, in the last few years I really slacked off while other things took priority.

What is ironic is all that happened in attending this event. It was a day of wet snow. After the Photowalk, I had to go to work which I wasn't really looking forward to.

At this time I still had only a Kodak P&S digital camera. I took my two Nikon N75's with me but wouldn't you know that the batteries died in both camera's after just a couple of minutes!! So instead I was stuck taking pictures with the crapy Kodak P&S.

I sure felt intimidated with all these people around me with their expensive DSLR cameras but I persevered. (I need to point out that no one made me feel intimidated that was all inside me!!)

The event went well and after our tax refund came in, I too had a DSLR.

Yesterday there was another photowalk but I had to miss this one because of my work schedule but everyone I have been able to attend has been fun, informative, and a opportunity to meet others that are either in the photography field or enjoy it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: