Saturday, January 31, 2009

Utah Railway train west of Helper, Utah


Utah Railway
Originally uploaded by Dornoff Photography

As I have mentioned before, various forms of transportation rate as one of my favorite photography subjects. At one time I had several friends who were railfans and I would often tag along with them so I could take pictures of the trains.

However, that group of people has faded off into the sunset and over the last few years I have taken few pictures of trains except for our new Front Runner service here in Salt Lake City.

However, last May my wife and I took a trip to Durango, Colorado to celebrate our anniversary. While on the trip down to Durango we saw almost no trains, on the way back I was able to photograph two trains was they head west of Helper, Utah.

This one features 4 Utah Railway EMD units on a coal train that is heading for the Provo area and beyond.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: