Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back in the days...


The first camera I started taking pictures with was my dad's old Polaroid Instamatic that he used for his job but was also our personal camera.

It wasn't long before I got my first camera to call my own which was an old 110mm with no built in flash (yes you actually had to buy disposable flash bulbs for it). My second 110mm camera did have a built in flash and I used that camera until graduating to a SLR in High School.

With those old 110mm cameras I mostly took pictures of buses and trains.

This photo was taken across the street from the Plaza Pasadena mall that was under construction. The company my brother worked for at the time (Ernest Hahn) was the one building the mall.

The bus is a 1968 Flixble 40-footer with a/c. These were the first buses ever ordered by the RTD with A/C in them.

While those old 110mm cameras may have been nothing special in the picture department, a picture is still worth a 1000 words...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: