Saturday, September 5, 2009

Character


Yesterday I had a couple of hours to kill so I decided to take a drive and see what I could find to photograph.

While driving around I found myself in the Olympus Cove area of Salt Lake City which lies to the east of Interstate 215 the eastside belt.

Olympus Cove is an interesting mixture of older homes that date anywhere from the 60's? to Mcmansions that have been going up in the area.

I spotted this house and had to take a picture of it. This home has so many interesting architectural details including the curved main level. Even back then there was plenty of boring tract homes being built but only a few really seem to have "character". You have to wonder in this age of "Wal-Mart" homes, will any of them live to say they have "character" in 40 or so years. I doubt it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: