Sunday, September 13, 2009

Healing Field Part II


Healing Field
Originally uploaded by Dornoff Photography

Friday's post was taken at the Healing Field that has been erected for several years on the anniversary of September 11th.

It started with one flag for every person who had perished the day of the attacks. Later they started adding flags for those who have died in combat in Afghanistan and Iraq since that time.

Because I have not made it down to the Healing Field for a couple of years, I wanted to make sure to get down there this year. I had to pick up a some tables at my in-laws so I made a detour over to the field.

Sometimes as a photographer, you just seem to have bad timing and it started off this year. There was a wind blowing as I arrived but just as I crossed the street the breeze seemed to go away and the flags quit blowing.

However, I just waited a few minutes and a breeze kicked up and the flags started showing some motion.

I took this picture looking down the field for several reasons. First I wanted to get the line of flags (obviously). But another reason I took this picture was the Sandy City firefighter standing at the roadblock. With so many firefighters loosing their lives on that day it seemed fitting for him to be in the picture.

I also like that there is several other people in the picture as they take in meaning of the field.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: