Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Wet Day in Chicago


As mentioned in my previous post, in April I attended the national convention for the American Planning Association in Chicago.

On the final day I took the "Behind the Scenes of Union Station" Tour and then had the afternoon to explore. The area was being hit by severe thundershowers so I decided to take a METRA train from Union Station so I could be dry for a couple hours.

I took the train out to Big Timber which is right outside the town of Elgin. I irony of going out on this route is that I almost moved to the area about three years ago before something fell through (which turned out to be a blessing in multiple ways).

I was able to take a couple of pictures while the train laid over at Big Timber before the rain started to fall again.

The next day I was supposed to fly to Detroit to visit my Aunt whose only child (and someone I had spent a lot of time with in the summers growing up) had passed away earlier in the year,

However, because of severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings in the area I couldn't make the trip.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: